Nicor Gas was founded in 1954, and its headquarters are in Naperville, Illinois. It is a natural gas company distributing gas to over two million customers in the whole of Illinois, minus Chicago City.
In 2011, Nicor Gas was the leading division of AGL Resources Inc., an Atlanta-based energy company which was acquired by the Southern Gas Company in 2016. Currently, Nicor gas is owned by Southern Gas Company.
Nicor Gas has descendants in the Coke Company and Ottawa Gas Light. The company constructed large underground gas storage which was the largest in the world in the mid-1950s. With such massive storage, the company can supply gas to its clients throughout the year.
Nicor Gas Company transports gas to 129,000 customers, both commercial and industrial, from its massive storage. With the commitment to providing a safe, reliable natural gas supply to Illinois residents, it is the leading distributor of natural gas in northern Illinois.
The Gas company owns over 34,000 miles of pipelines and gas mains. As it is with all businesses, the company purchases loads of gas when it’s cheaper in summer months, stores it then sells it throughout the year. A strategy that keeps them in the lead is to distribute the most gas at low prices during winter.
Payment Options on Nicor Gas
With the massive client base of Nicor Gas company, it is mandatory to have vast methods of payment to accommodate all customers. You can pay through your phone using the moBill, or Online Paperless Billing which saves you stamps, AutoPay, an automatic deduction from your bank account or credit card monthly without any further charges.
MoBill: You open an account in moBill to receive your monthly bills and pay through your smartphone’s native mobile wallet, for iPhone, there is the Apple Wallet or Google Pay for Android users.
- You only require your account number, and mailing zip code to sign up. The mobile wallet is a native app on your smartphone, and you should follow the on-screen guidelines, and add a pass for your gas bill to use it.
- You will receive paperless bills in your mobile wallet.
- Don’t worry about username or password when viewing and paying your bill.
- When it is time to pay your bill, you will receive a notification to your Apple device or a text to your Android device.
After receiving your bill, you can also decide to pay using the methods below:
- Use your credit/debit card, or checking/savings account to pay your bill. In each transaction, there will be a convenience fee of $2.95 in addition to your monthly bill.
- Check your bill in full.
- You can set the payment preference for the new bill, the payment received, notifications and reminders for the due date.
- Sign up by selecting the appropriate mobile wallet for you.
- Your monthly bill for natural gas can come through your bank or credit union’s bill pay section, and there is no convenience fee.
- Log in and confirm if your bank or credit union website has a bill pay section by following the steps below:
- Add Nicor Gas company to your bill pay list.
- Use your ten-digit account number and mailing Zip as a way to authenticate your account.
- Sign up and allow your account to receive and view electronic bills in this list
- Once you complete the signup process, your bill will be delivered through your bank or credit Union’s website bill. You will make a one-time payment or schedule future payments, and there will be no extra costs or charges like the Mobile Wallet.
- Open a new window in the website then select the “Sign In” tab on the upper-right side of the screen.
- On the space provided, type in your User ID and password then hit the “Login” tab.
Your Nicor Login should take a few seconds after following the steps above with the correct credentials. A quick tip, if the computer you are using is personal, then check the box “Remember User ID” for a quick login always. However, if it is not, uncheck the box to avoid strangers accessing your account.
How to Reset Your Password
Your password is private, and you should guard it well because if you forget or misplace it, you have to reset it. If any of the two happens(Forget or lose), follow the steps below to set up a new password:
- On the right side of your screen, tap “Forgot User ID and Password.” You will be redirected to how to set a new password and username on another page.
- The email address you used to open an online account will serve the purpose if you forget your User ID. Provide the email address then select the “Request User ID” tab. Follow the onscreen prompts to retrieve your account details.
An email will be sent to your account with instructions on how to reset your password. Ensure that your user ID and email address are correct to avoid further issues.
Why You Should Use Nicor Natural gas
Convenience & Reliability: Nicor natural gas is transported through underground pipelines and then directly to the customer. You have no fears of running out of gas or arranging for delivery. The gas supply is constant and reliable, and you will never face surprise power outages, unlike often interrupted electric power supplies.
Environmentally Friendly: Natural gas is a fossil, and it is the cleanest of them all. Its main composition is methane, carbon dioxide and water vapour, the compounds we exhale. Gas from coal and oil emits higher carbon ratios, nitrogen and sulphur because they are composed of more complex molecules.
Safety: Transportation of natural gas is through underground pipelines. They begin from the production source to the client’s home or business. Nicor gas company spends over $6 billion annually on system maintenance, hence the good record over the years.
Efficient and Economical: Natural gas is cheaper than other forms of energy for cooking and heating. The gas is efficient, at a lower price which automatically lowers your energy bills.
Nicor Gas Company Customer Assistance
The impacts of COVID-19 continue to be felt deep in the community, and Nicor Gas has committed to supporting its customers. The company has extended financial aid to those affected by the pandemic. They have introduced flexible payment options and additional direct bill payments.
The customers whose supply was disconnected for not paying will have their supply back without a reconnection charge. The good news affects those who were disconnected a year before June 18, 2020.
The Nicor Gas Company is one of the largest natural gas suppliers that are reliable and effective. Gas is also available at lower prices, safe and convenient compared to other energy sources. They supply gas to the whole of Illinois, which is aided by their massive underground storage. We hope you found the answer to the question on How to create an account in Nicor and the steps for Nicor Login.
Customers are never faced with a sudden interruption or disconnection throughout the year.
Settling bills is easy because there are many flexible ways to go about it, including online payment, mobile wallet or Autopay through your bank account. Customers who relocate for less than twelve months can ask for their metres to be turned off, and they are known as seasonal customers. When the metre is turned back on, a reconnection fee will apply.
However, customers who relocate for a longer time must provide a mailing address to receive bills. And if you have an indoor metre, you should let the company access it when you are away. Above everything else, enjoy your gas supply by Nicor at a reasonable price.
Read More: Amazon Dividend: Get Amazon to Pay You – Modest Money