Gosund App is the product of ‘Shenzhen Gosund Technology’ a limited company dealing with smart house fittings. With its exceptional team of ‘research and developers’ have ventured into producing high-end artificial intelligence voice-operated electrical fittings suitable for a smart house. Their vision of producing products as a point of solving user pain points has helped produce revolutionary products.
They have been in the market for over 10 years, and in these past 10 years, they have established various research and development centers which help produce innovative and up-to-the-trend products available to its loyal users.
In these past 10 years, Gosund has come up with numerous products in the electrical supply genre of interiors. Let it switches or switch sockets or bulbs or any other household electric fittings have been developed especially targeting the smart houses.
These electrical fittings can be operated through the Gosund App from your phones, sensors are embedded in these fittings to build connectivity between the device and the system through the help of the internet.
The GoSund or the GoSmart App is the platform where you can connect to your electrical fittings through a phone, the device is a sensor-embedded socket that is connected to the normal electrical switch socket to make it a smart one. Any plug plugged into the smart socket can be operated and controlled through the GoSund app.
This is an alternative to the bulky electrical fittings which tend to turn your house into a smart house. GoSund appliances come at affordable prices for someone who wants to simply revamp their household electrics without opting for their bulkier alternatives. Now that the GoSund App is designed to operate the GoSund Smart Plug, let’s get to know more about the Smart Plug.
About the product
- The smart plug only accommodates appliances and devices which consume power equal to or lesser than 1200 watts. Bigger appliances are not the right fit for the compact smart plug, well it is quite evident that the smaller version was developed only to cater to appliances that transfer lesser energy. Therefore, fridges, washing machines, microwaves, and similar bigger products are not the right match, otherwise, it is beautifully designed for the rest appliances, also the fact that most of living room appliances do not usually transfer the energy of more than 1200 watts.
- The smart plug is to be connected through the internet and is safe to use as a protection indicator that automatically switches on the moment usage voltage shoots up 470 volts.
- Coming to the developer specifications, this app is built in a way that can handle to cater more than 10k+ devices (including google assistance and Alexa) which allow the user to upgrade themselves with newer product ranges
- It is priced at merely $9 for this power-filled small packet which is a bang for the buck.
How to Use?
As the device is simple and handy, so is its packaging. It comes in a very simple handy packing which doesn’t leave us much space to talk about. The most appealing thing about the product itself is that it is very compact which can also be told as its unique selling point (USP).
Unlike its bulkier counterparts, it is pretty handy to work with. The biggest competitive advantage the smart plug features is it does not take up a lot of space which can be a blessing for smaller spaces. Installing the GoSund App is child’s play.
With its simple interface, it is already a blessing for all those non-techy souls (like me), which also makes it a great gifting option. The smart plug comes with a helpful user manual, which comes of very helpful to any age group who is willing to install it.
Did not take more than 5 minutes of my time to get the device installed single-handedly without any help.
Smart Plug is to be controlled by the GoSund App. The GoSund App comes with the most user-friendly interface, with simple instructions and simple display options it is a delight to use by any age group. Although simple, it has a bunch of advanced features to operate from.
As already mentioned above, installing the GoSund App is child’s play. Alarms can be created depending on the rules set up in the app, every change in the rule point buzzes an alarm to notify. It comes with an automation feature where you can use other devices like Google Assistant and Alexa through the GoSund App itself.
It is pretty much in sync with all other automation tools which help control and access all the smart devices at home with a single app. Integrating all the systems into one app is also not a very tedious act, it can be done pretty easily, just depends on the kind of ground rules you lay and adjust in the GoSund App which you can find a plethora of options to play around with.
Likes and Dislikes
- It has the most beautiful look to it, being tiny and handy the design has won extra brownie points. It is a very handy product, extremely travel-friendly and super easy to work on, and does not take up a lot of space like its bulkier counterparts.
- The GoSund App comes with the most user-friendly interface, with simple instructions and simple display options it is a delight to use by any age group. Although simple, it has a bunch of advanced features to operate from.
- Installing the GoSund App is child’s play. With its simple interface, it is already a blessing for all those non-techy souls (like me), which also makes it a great gifting option.
- Coming to the developer specifications, this app is built in a way that can handle to cater more than 10k+ devices which allows the user to upgrade themselves with newer product ranges
- Priced cheaper than Netflix’s single-month subscription it is a sureshot product to give a try.
- Although the GoSund Smart Plug is a Smart Plug that lets you operate the power switches with a click on your phone, it still is to be manually switched on, which is a slight turn-off mainly when you enter a dark room. Also, note the point that the smart plug doesn’t come in a fancy lighted version, it comes in a plain blank old-school plug-in format. Nothing to complain about at this price point though.
- Something useful coming in such a small packet is still something that bothers most of us (including me), being made of a smaller build it doesn’t look very sturdy for the kind of features it provides. Also is claimed to make bombarding noises when shaken signifying the parts inside the smart plug might not be bolted right. Although it is claimed to be shockproof it comes as a boon.
With basic manual intervention, this smart plug can be operated from around the world with a single click of a button. With its amazing product and app, reviews and seamless performance for the price point is a killer deal.
Read more: Kaotica eyeball – is it worth buying